Tweet Apply Now
Job Title: Farm Manager
Location: Lagos, NIGERIA
* Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and record keeping
*Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
* Analyzes market conditions to determine acreage allocations
* Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
* Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
* Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
* An experience operator in animal husbandry and farm management
* Candidate should have experience in fisheries operations but experience in other types of animal husbandry such as snail rearing, and piggery shall be an advantage
* Candidate must have a minimum of twelve years’ experience in the agro industry and been in a senior management position or as overall head of a structured farm operation for at least the last five (5) years
* Candidate should have a degree in Agriculture, or Animal husbandry or vetinary medicine.
Knowledge & Skills:
- He/she must be able to show leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Persuasive with details and fact
- Candidate must have strong communication skills, both written and oral
- ICT skills a prerequisite and total comfort with social media
- Education/exposure outside Nigeria will be an advantage but not a pre requisite
- Ability to drive
- Proficiency in Microsoft office package
Minimum 12 years experience in an agro industry